The Fermain Academy aims to provide a bespoke holistic approach to education to engage, support and achieve with every student. Through small class sizes and specifically designed curriculum pathways, students get a fresh start and are pushed to reach their full potential.
All schools and academies have a Home-School Agreement. The purpose of this agreement is to set out, in broad terms how students, parents and the academy should work together to ensure that every student has the opportunities to achieve the highest levels of attainment possible. Academy students and parents are all asked to sign this document to demonstrate that they endorse the general principles that are set out within it and to show how we all work together for the educational benefit of your child.
I shall try to:
- Attend every day on time expecting to work hard.
- Always do my best in all areas of my schoolwork, both in lessons and at home.
- Be ready to learn in every lesson.
- Follow the Positive Behaviour Policy and Academy Dress Code.
- Take advantage of all opportunities offered to me by the academy, both within and outside lessons.
- Show respect for all members of the school and all property within the school.
I/We shall try to:
- Encourage my/our child’s regular, punctual attendance with proper equipment.
- Encourage my/our child’s learning through homework and other activities.
- Attend parents’ evenings and consultation evenings concerning my/our child’s progress.
- Get to know and take interest in my/our child’s life at school.
- Make the school aware of any concerns that might affect my/our child’s progress.
- Support the school’s Positive Behaviour Policy and Uniform Code.
Staff and Governors
We shall try to:
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness.
- Create a good environment for learning.
- Act as role models for your child in punctuality, being prepared for lessons and relationships with other members of the school community.
- Encourage and motivate your child to do the very best they can.
- Keep you informed about your child’s progress, homework, and about general school matters.
- Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to become involved in school life.